Logo, Social Media and Merchandise

From there being such a focus on social media in contemporary society, it was not only prudent that Meta! would address social media in content, but that it also had an established social media presence itself. This also contributed to the satire of social media can pull focus from the performance itself. this is more during the development and rehearsal processes of a show when focus should be on the show itself rather than glorified advertising. However this was only a secondary element accompanying the main point on the role of social media in contemporary society.

In order to accompany Meta!‘s social media presence there was the necessity of a logo. I chose something simple and eye-catching (pictured) to draw attention to Meta! on social media, as would be intended if it were a full and serious show. I also took a picture of myself to use as part of the performance’s promotion. I then created  facebook, twitter and instagram accounts for the performance in order to create a wide social media coverage, and to post various staged rehearsal photos on. The profile picture I chose for the social media sites had the intention to intrigue those who saw it, and to mislead them concerning the nature of the performance. The social media sites also served the practical purpose of advertising the performance in the hope of getting more people to come to the performance.

The chose profile picture for the Social Media sites.

The merchandise I finally settled on for the performance was to only have ‘Meta! Mugs’. This was partly because the price to order a number of other products started to increase drastically and also none of the designs for other merchandise looked as good as the mugs did.  It also simplified what I needed to be doing during the ‘interval’ of my performance. However I received confirmation from the Lpac that I was able to sell ice-creams during the ‘interval’ of the performance. I don’t particularly care how many of the mugs and ice-creams are sold during this section of the performance, it is more that they are there for sale which emphasises my point of the superfluities of contemporary theatre.

One of the ‘Meta! Mugs’